Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Beginning...

Many interesting stories usually begin with the lines "Once upon a time..." or "Long, Long ago..." but my life is not that magical or spectacular. Don't get me wrong, it is pretty interesting if I do say so myself, but no Oscar winning story here. (Or, maybe I'll let you be the judge of that!) Blogging is something that I never thought I would really have the guts to start until my dear friend Susan, or Susie Q. as I like to call her sometimes, inspired me. So, where to began...

As I have learned throughout the years, life just happens whether we want it to or not. There are those really good days that keep us smiling for years and then there are those bad days that we would like to forget but seem to overpower the good. For example, good day...the day I married my best friend, bad day...the day I lost my baby boy Marcus, good day...the day my beautiful daughter Olivia was born...bad day...the day after I lost Marcus. And the list goes on and on.

I have been "happily" married for almost seven years (December 16th for anyone that is wondering) to my best friend and the man of my dreams Anthony. Ok, Will Smith is the man of my dreams but the hubby comes really close! Now, when I say "happily" I don't mean that we are perfect, we don't argue and that everything is sunshine and roses. What I mean is that with the good/bad and ups/downs, there is no one else I would rather be sharing this journey with. We are the proud parents of our 3-year-old daughter Olivia, who constantly keeps us laughing. (Don't worry, you will see!) She is always letting the funniest things come out of her mouth and she probably doesn't even know it.

Ok, so this is probably not going to be one of the best posts ever, but this is to give you a little taste of who we really are. This is to suck you into my world. Make you want more...I hope it's working.

Either way, the key thing to remember and something that you will see is that throughout these many years of life together as a couple, through the death of a parent, the loss of a child, financial issues and some negativity from the outside...we still manage to remain "Curiously Happy"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment